About the Show – 2022
For twenty years, the GSR has been a draw for local artists. After piloting a small “book nook” the past few years, we are expanding to the Ellerbee Room reception hall, across from our main hall!
The show is strategically held in time to catch holiday shoppers and also coincides with “small business Saturday” following Thanksgiving/Black Friday. A joint showcase of art and literature should make this regional, two-day event a draw for holiday shoppers.
Sept 1 – Application deadline
Sept 15 – Author notification
October 1 – Last day to cancel with refund*
*Less handling fee
November 10 – Artists & Authors promote GSR
Dates and Times
Saturday Nov 26 10am – 6pm
Sunday Nov 27 10am – 4pm
Table/Booth Fees as follows:
$100 – 6ft table*
$120 – 8ft table*
$200 – 10x8ft Booth*
*Deduct $10 if also exhibiting at Deep Valley Book Festival 2022.
Art and Book Requirements
- All work MUST be created by you the applicant/author; mass produced, commercial & re-sale items are not allowed
- All work must be consistent with images and writing examples represented in your application
GSR reserves the right to request anyone not following these guidelines to leave the show.
- Authors / publishers are responsible for collecting & paying Minnesota Sales Tax (7.875%)
- Authors / publishers should plan to be at their table all weekend; you are responsible for your own book sales. The GSR will not take a portion of your sales; all sales go to the authors.
- We provide bagels and coffee in the morning. Additional food and drink are available for purchase at the GSR bistro.
We ask that you support our volunteers
- Every year we ask volunteers to donate their time and talents to our event. In exchange for their assistance we ask all artists and authors to extend a 5% discount (they will be given a thank you card to show in order to receive this discount; if you would like to give a larger discount the option is yours). Thank you for agreeing to join us in extending such a gift in return for their services.
- Color ‘post-it’ on Mankato Free Press’ front page
- Included in all Shop Small marketing: shopping guide, website, etc
- Radio advertising
- Posters and Postcards available for pickup 2-3 weeks prior to the show for you to hang in your community and mail out
- Electronic poster and postcard will be mailed to artists & authors 3 weeks prior to the show
- All participating artists and authors are expected to send notification to their customers. Whether you prefer email or snail mail, we provide you with materials to contact your clients. Sharing shoppers benefits everyone! Also be sure to add us to your online calendar and social media.
All GSR authors who upload their work to our online ShopART site will automatically be included in the Twin Rivers Council for the Arts [TRCA] online site ShopART Midwest. GSR and Twin Rivers will direct interested buyers directly to you, and 100% of sales are yours, we take no fees.
- Complete Application
- Include the following information with your application: brief author bio, book teaser, book cover and any additional info you’d like readers to know. Email to [email protected]
- Check for table / booth fee made payable to: GSR Fine Art Festival
- Notification of acceptance will be on a first come basis. Table/Booth Fee Check to be cashed as accepted.
Cancellations will incur a $15 handling fee. The last day to cancel with a refund is October 1st. We ask that you alert us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend so we may invite those on our waiting list.
20th Annual GSR Fine Art Festival
Author Application – Deadline September 1
Check for Table/Booth Fee (make checks payable to: GSR Fine Art Festival)
1412 Carney Ave
Mankato, MN 56001
** By applying you agree to extend 5% discount to our volunteers**
*** GSR Fine Art Festival is not responsible for loss or damage***