About the Show – 2022
Our show is strategically held in time to catch holiday shoppers and give artists a chance to fill special orders.
Sept 1 – Application deadline
Sept 15 – Artist notification
October 1 – Last day to cancel with refund
November 10 – Artists promote GSR
Dates and Times
Saturday Nov 26, 2022 10 am – 6pm
Sunday Nov 27, 2022 10 am – 4pm
Jury Fee – $15 (non-refundable)
Single Booth (10×10) – $220
Booth-and-a-half (10×15) – $310
Double Booth (10×20) – $390
- All work MUST be created by you the applicant/artist; mass produced, commercial and resale items are not allowed
- All work must be attractively displayed in a professional manner
- All work must be consistent with images represented in your application
GSR reserves the right to request anyone not following these guidelines to leave the show.
- Artists are responsible for collecting and paying Minnesota Sales Tax (7.875%)
- We provide breakfast snacks in the morning and a lunchtime meal. This courtesy only extends to two artists/helpers per booth. Additional amenities can be purchased if necessary.
- Electricity is provided at no additional cost. We highly recommend being prepared to light your space!
- Chairs and skirted tables are available– please note how many on your application.
We ask that you support our volunteers
Every year volunteers donate their time and talents to our event. In exchange for their assistance, we ask all artists to extend a 5% discount (volunteers will be given a thank you card to show you in order to receive this discount). Thank you for agreeing to join us in extending such a gift in return for their services.
- Color ‘post-it’ on Mankato Free Press’ front page
- Included in all Shop Small marketing: shopping guide, website, etc
- Radio advertising
- Posters and postcards available for pickup two to three weeks prior to the show for you to hang in your community and mail out
- Electronic poster and postcard will be mailed to artists three weeks prior to the show
- All participating artists are expected to send notification to their customers. Whether you prefer email or snail mail, we provide you with materials to contact your clients. Sharing shoppers benefits everyone! Also be sure to add us to your online calendar and social media.
In 2020, we created an online presence in partnership with Twin Rivers Council for the Arts. The shopping platform is now called ShopART Midwest. All GSR artists are invited to upload current work on the platform at no additional cost. The same rules as previous years will apply; GSR and Twin Rivers will send interested buyers directly to you, and 100% of sales are yours, we take no fees.
- Complete Application
- Check for $15 make checks payable to: GSR Fine Art Festival
- Second check for Booth Space (accepted artists’ checks will be cashed after September 18th)
High Resolution Image Requirements
- 300 dpi or higher
- 3 x 5 inches or larger
- PDF, TIFF or JPG files preferred
The last day to cancel with a full refund is October 1st. We ask that you alert us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend so we may invite those on our waiting list.
20th Annual GSR Fine Art Festival Artist Application
Artist Application – Deadline September 1st