About the Show – 2019
Our show is strategically held in time to catch holiday shoppers and give artists time to fill special orders.
Thanks to a successful inaugural year last year, we are pleased to begin accepting author applications for the GSR Book Nook!
What is the Book Nook?
To ensure a cohesive and professional look in the GSR Book Nook, we will have skirted tables and curtains. Each accepted author will have 4 feet of table space where books & display materials may be set out.
Accepted authors will need to send the following information by our “high resolution image deadline” on October 1st: headshot photo, brief author bio, book teaser, and any additional info you’d like readers to know.
Authors will not be required to be at their table all weekend but will be required to work shifts so there’s always someone at the nook to answer questions. Of course you’re always welcome in the nook to help promote the nook and your book.
Each author is responsible for their own book sales. The GSR will not take a portion of your sales; all sales go to the authors.
Sept 1st – Application deadline
Sept 15th – Author notification
October 1st – High resolution image deadline
November 1st – Last day to cancel with refund
November 10th – Artists & Authors promote GSR
Dates and Times
Saturday Nov 30th 10am – 6pm
Sunday Nov 1st 10am – 4pm
Jury Fee is $15 (non-refundable).
Book Nook Fee is $45 (4’ table)*
*Deduct $5 if also Exhibiting at Deep Valley Book Festival 2019.
Check to be cashed if accepted in September.
Art and Book Requirements
- All work MUST be created by you the applicant/author; mass produced, commercial & re-sale items are not allowed
- All work must be consistent with images and writing examples represented in your application
GSR reserves the right to request anyone not following these guidelines to leave the show.
- Authors are responsible for collecting & paying Minnesota Sales Tax (7.875%)
- We provide breakfast snacks in the morning and a lunchtime meal.
We ask that you support our volunteers
- Every year we ask volunteers to donate their time and talents to our event. In exchange for their assistance we ask all artists and authors to extend a 5% discount (they will be given a thank you card to show in order to receive this discount; if you would like to give a larger discount the option is yours). Thank you for agreeing to join us in extending such a gift in return for their services.
- Color ‘post-it’ on Mankato Free Press’ front page
- Included in all Shop Small marketing: shopping guide, website, etc
- Radio advertising
- Posters and Postcards available for pickup 2-3 weeks prior to the show for you to hang in your community and mail out
- Electronic poster and postcard will be mailed to artists & authors 3 weeks prior to the show
- All participating artists and authors are expected to send notification to their customers. Whether you prefer email or snail mail, we provide you with materials to contact your clients. Sharing shoppers benefits everyone! Also be sure to add us to your online calendar and social media.
The last day to cancel with a full refund is November 1st.